Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Henchmen and Webbing

06/05/2007:I just love the names of Kordok's henchmen. Lug, Angel, Weasel, and now Spike. They're like the seven dwarves! Except, you know, evil henchmen.

TIL: Spider-Man in panel three. I know he has some sort of plan, most likely, but it strikes me as him just showing off.

06/06/2007:Okay, now I realize Spider-Man's webbing is awfully strong, but a single strand of it holding a helicopter is a bit too much. I also don't know what the heck is going on in the second panel there. The speed lines, coupled with the lack of background, just makes it look like Kordok and Maria are dancing.

TIL: I actually like that it looks like they're dancing.

3 comments:

jvwalt said...

Maybe... and I emphasize MAYBE... Spider-Man's webbing is strong enough to hold fast... but how the hell is he staying on the ground? No matter what his super-powers may be, there's no way he can simply stand on the ground and restrain a helicopter like it's a dog on a leash.

Dave said...

Remember, he's sticky! He could have grabbed the helicopter with the webs and then used his bio-electric attractive field (comics) or tiny, kind of icky sticky hairs (movies) to stick to the ground.( (begin Simpson's comic book guy voice here) Actually, if this is the comic book spider-man, webbing a helicopter and holding it while he clings to something with his super-spidery stickiness is well within his abilities, If I am recalling my official handbook of the Marvel Universe correctly. (end voice. Yes I bought that. and I read it.) Now if he could only find a defense against falling bricks. . .

Mike Podgor said...

I think strip Spider-Man has all the powers the comic book version had before he got mutated twice. I'm pretty sure sufficient force would yank Spider-Man and his webbing from the ground, though.