Thursday, July 26, 2007

Mary Jane: Husband?

I can't escape the second panel. I know Maria Lopez is simply asking Mary Jane if Peter is her husband. However, the syntax of the dialog makes me think that the name "Mary Jane" is referring to the husband. If this was the case, then we'd be getting some catfight action for sure. This is not the case, however, and so we'll six more weeks of Mary Jane looking alternately smug and outraged. Tomorrow: What the heck is that thing around Mary Jane's neck?

TIL: Maria Lopez is just sort of holding her face in panel one. I think that's kind of funny.

1 comment:

Andy said...

The Phantom and Rex Morgan, yes, Rex Friggin' Morgan of all strips, have passed Spider-Man in terms of action now too.

I'm beginning to worry that Mary Worth will start punching people before anything happens in this strip.