Sunday, May 13, 2007

Spider-Man Versus Kurt Kordok: Days Seven Through Nine

05/11/2007:How exactly does HQ know Kordok has a hostage? They don't really know for sure, they're just guessing. They should send at least one guy in to make sure it's true, then they should rest on their laurels.

TIL: The thug looks like a classic hunchbacked lab-assistant.

05/12/2007:Okay, so let me get this straight: Spider-Man puts Kordok in prison for five years, and so Kordok is going to blow his brains out. This is fair? A better line for that panel would have been: WITH INTEREST! Cliched, yes, but effective nonetheless. It doesn't matter in any case, because Spider-Man is just going to... well, just keep reading. Also, Spider-Man's red-eye in panel two is sort of creepy.

TIL: The fact that I doubt Kordok's facial expression has really changed at all since we first met him. He always has that toothy grimace thing going. Was it the result of an experiment gone horribly wrong that gave him enhanced strength but removed the ability to control his mouth muscles? I seriously hope so, but doubt we'll ever find out.

05/13/2007:Well, look at that. Spider-Man busted out of the chains. I'm sure no one saw that coming. Also, who's to say that Kordok would recognize Peter Parker? The man may have some sort of name-recognition from his marriage and photojournalism career, but I doubt anyone but the most die-hard stalker would know what he looked like.

TIL: Vindication in the last panel there. Also, that is one verbose NEXT box.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that title panels with the villains. But I've always wondered who the guy in back of Electro is, with the white mask and black points over his eyes. Everyone else I can name. Anyone?

Mike Podgor said...

It's the Looter. I had to do some research to find this out, but found it out I did! Here is the proof:
Looter

Mike Podgor said...

Also, I wonder how many of those guys have actually appeared in the Spider-Man comic strip. I know Kingpin, Rhino, Scorpion, Kraven the Hunter, and Doctor Octopus have. The rest I'm not so sure about...

Anonymous said...

And Kordok has a Tom Wolfe thing going, changing to a white suit for Sunday before going back to tailored purple. I think one of these Sundays we're going to glimpse Spider-Man wearing the Venom costume or Mary Jane's dainties.