Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Silence Is Not Golden (Updated Around 9PM)

What's a deal? I know the "deal" probably involves the two rivals working in tandem to net this Spider-Man/Kordok story, but without us being explicable told so, we could pretty much imagine the deal in question is anything we want it to be. For example, it could be a deal to meet at the local IHOP every Tuesday to get Belgian Waffles or something. It could also be something infinitely more disgusting or sinister. In any case, the silent penultimate panel is quite disturbing since this is basically a soap opera strip and soap opera strips usually spend every single panel they have spouting exposition and melodrama. I do believe that this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

TIL: Jonah is pretty happy in panel three, so I guess that's nifty.

UPDATE: The "Brilliant Mind of Edison Lee" mentioned our buddy Spider-Man, as well as one of his creators today:I think this is my least favorite comic strip ever, to be honest. If not my least favorite, then it's in the bottom five. The other ones all have a political agenda, except for my least favorite which is just so all-around terrible that I refuse to read it at all. I hope none of them ever reference Spider-Man at all.

No comments: