Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Spider-Man Versus Kurt Kordok: Part Five

I think this strip is the saddest thing I have ever seen, unless this is all a plan by Spider-Man or something. One can only guess what Kordok wants with Dorset now (my guess: unrequited love) or why Spider-Man didn't dodge Kordok's punch (luring him into a false sense of security, perhaps), but this had better lead to one heck of a pay-off. Yet I already know that this will end up being disappointing. Also, Kordok's first-grade-level quip makes me groan.

TIL: There is nothing I like about today's strip. It's that sad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least the Kingpin finally made an appearance in this storyline in the middle panel. Sort of.

jvwalt said...

The writer apparently forgot that he just had Spidey regain his Spider-Sense. Must be on the fritz again.

I don't know what's sadder: that Spidey couldn't see a gut-punch coming from a big slow guy, or that a punch from a mere mortal had such an effect on him. I realize he's not Superman-indestructible, but he should be able to take a punch better than that, no?